LIBERATION SCHOOL OF YOGA
200-HOUR VINYASA TEACHER TRAINING
We offer a 6-month Weekend Training Program.
Our next program will run November 2017 - April 2018.
Join us for our info meeting on Wednesday September 6th at 6:15PM.
Ever dream of turning yoga into a lifestyle?
Liberation Yoga is proud to offer a Yoga Alliance certified 200 hour teacher training. This program is intended for those who either want to become practicing yoga teachers, or who want to take their own personal practice to the next level.
This deeply immersive experience is a journey into the heart of yoga, perfect for anyone who has been practicing yoga and is ready to commit themselves more fully to yoga as a lifestyle and life practice. Upon completion of the course, graduates will be nationally certified with the Yoga Alliance and will have the knowledge, confidence, and skills to take their love of yoga into the world as yoga teachers.
Class Topics Include
This is an intensive course, with significant self-study, homework, and class attendance required. Prior to undertaking the training, we require students to have attended class at Liberation for at least 2 months and have a solid foundation in asana (roughly 1 year of regular yoga practice).
- In-depth training in the alignment of major asanas.
- Vinyasa Krama: the art of sequencing a class.
- Sanskrit pronunciation of traditional asanas, key terms, and some important sutras.
- Yoga Philosophy: an in-depth look into the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali.
- Anatomy Study, with a focus on the anatomy of key asanas.
- Jnana Yoga & the Subtle Body: Chakras, Nadis, and Yoga Psychology.
- Practice Teaching: Training includes hours of practice to prepare our teachers for hands-on work with students. Including a special class on Assists, Observation of Students, and Demonstration of Asanas.
- An Introduction to Ayurveda: The sister-science of yoga.
- Pranayama & Meditation
- Special classes addressing Kids Yoga, Prenatal, and the Business of Yoga.
- And much more!